We're still OPEN and here to help you!
To our valued clients,
The health and wellbeing of our people and clients is paramount. Given the evolving situation of Coronavirus (COVID-19) within Australia and across the world, we wanted to provide you with an update of the changes we’ve put in place to ensure the wellbeing of our team and our clients to help do our bit to slow the spread of the virus. We are monitoring the situation daily and will adjust how we operate accordingly. We want to reassure you that there is no immediate concern for clients at our clinic. We remain open at the same operating hours and continuing business as usual just with some procedures in place to ensure the health of our staff and clients.
UPDATE 25 MARCH: The major change we have implemented is we no longer are allowing clients to enter the clinic where possible. Our friendly staff will bring your pet into the clinic where you will remain outside and speak to our vet on the phone.
We have lifted our health and hygiene standards even higher to keep our team and clients safe, together with other precautionary measures:
- Disinfecting public areas and toilets including handles, chair surfaces, reception bench area and front door regularly throughout the day
- Placing hand sanitisers on our reception area and consultation rooms for clients to use when entering the clinic
- After each consultation, the consultation room and equipment is thoroughly cleaned with F10 veterinary disinfectant which kill viruses
- A strict wellness policy, employees must stay home if they are showing any signs of illness
- We’ve placed posters in our reception and toilet areas to remind people of good hygiene
- We are not shaking hands, give us a wave or an elbow bump instead!
There are several areas we are asking for help from our clients; they are:
- If you have returned this week from overseas travel, in line with Australian Government guidelines around self-isolation, please don’t visit our clinic. If your pet needs urgent assistance, please call or email us to discuss options.
- If you have cold and flu symptoms, or are self-isolating, we ask that you delay your consultation until the period of self-isolation is complete or symptoms are resolved. If your pet needs urgent assistance, please call or email us to discuss options, this will help us to determine the best course of action, which may include collecting your pet from your car or conducting the consultation via phone.
- Social distancing - Medical experts deem that social distancing keeps more people healthy, will help flatten the curve and slow the spread of the virus.
- Please call us when you arrive and wait in your car with your pet or outside. Once we are ready to see you, we will with text or call you.
- If you are running late, please let us know in advance so we can manage this.
- Please use contact-less payment methods or payment can be made over the phone.
- Please bring your own pen to complete any relevant forms.
- If you are wanting to pick up food or medication please call aheadso we can get this ready for you.
Precautionary steps to follow as a pet owner:
- Follow good hygiene when interacting with your pets
- Wash your hands thoroughly for 20 seconds with soap and water after touching your pet
- Avoid sharing food with your pets or letting your pets kiss or lick your face or mouth
- Keep your pet’s vaccinations and parasite treatments up to date and maintain regular veterinary health checks
Can your pet catch COVID-19?
While COVID-19 seems to have emerged from an animal source, it is now mainly spreading from person-to-person. There is no evidence that any animals including pets might be a source of infection with this new virus. There have been no reports of pets or other animals becoming sick with COVID-19.
There is also no evidence that companion animals including pets can spread COVID-19.
Should your pet develop an unexplained illness, contact your public health official and phone us.
If you are well, book an appointment for your pet for a health check, vaccination or if they are unwell, please come in and see us, it’s important you keep up with your pet’s health regime. Feel free to contact us on 03 9544 6979 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Plus keep updated on our Facebook page!
We thank you all for your understanding. These measures help keep our staff and clients healthy so we can remain open for longer and continue to provide care for your precious furbabies!
Stay safe and healthy,
from the team at South Eastern Animal Hospital